Saturday, May 11, 2019

House of Fairmoon: Garden Notes

I have had a container garden for about five years now and I am always fine tuning and perfecting what I use and just fine tuning in general. This will be the first year I will be selling my super hot peppers.

These two products I am profiling are products that I have used for the second year and I can't do without either one.

The first one is the Unco Industries Wiggle Worm Soil Builder Earthworm Castings Organic Fertilizer this stuff is magic! I put about a handful in with my potting mix along with some rock dust when I am potting my plants and transplants. I also sprinkle a little as top dressing, every so often.

The second product is the Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Fertilizer . More magic! This is the second year I have used liquid seaweed and the first year for this brand. I am doing things a little different this year with the seaweed. In my research I have discovered it is best to use this as a foliar feeding. They say it is best to use when it is dark, the second best is early in the morning. I use it every other week, early in the morning. For me there is a marked difference.

 I am trying to be as organic in my gardening as possible. I still use Miracle Gro water soluble fertilizer.

I feed my plants and flowers once a week. Pretty much this pattern:

Fish Emulsion and Water Mixture
Miracle Gro
Liquid Kelp Seaweed (Foliar)





No comments: